Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2014

Second Line: A Poem of an Incomplete Love


Second Line

The moon struck boy used to play a song in every moonlit night
“Never leave me alone, o sweet heart never leave me alone”
The moon seemed more pale and depressed then
The song was very heartfelt and always pierced my heart
Why don’t know, I always felt guilty of it and could not sleep the whole night.

The boy did not know more than one line
And used to repeat the one single line
Again and again until the highway police come and scare him away
The tired departure of the boy always made me feel guilty
And I could not forget the sight the whole night.

I was a middle aged female and the boy was hardly twenty
I fall in love with him perhaps I was struck with the illusion he created
One day I called the boy waving my hands but he didn’t respond
I waited for the next moonlit but the boy never came again
I waited and waited, I have been waiting forever.

Moonlit night still comes to the earth and make me moon struck
I sing, “O stranger, come back to my heart, come back to my heart”
I can never memorize a second line of this song
I always searched for the second line but in vain.
I suddenly discovered my teenage love but the boy will never come back to see again.

No comments:

Post a Comment